Bob Sharpe is available for speaking engagements and pulpit
supply. He is located in Southern California.
How I Can Help Your Church
Very few churches have an effective framework to maintain a fruitful balanced ministry of winning the
lost to Christ and discipling them. I can help you develop the framework to develop a fruitful ministry of reaching
others through your church membership.
It takes more than a program. Programs come and go. It is helping your church develop a lifelong
commitment to obey God in the Glocal (Local and beyond) work of reaching sinners for Christ and helping them mature
into obedient, fruitful believers.
The job of the preachers in the church is to do the work of an evangelist (2 Tim 4:5) and to equip
the members to do the work of the ministry (Eph 4:11-12). What ministry? The ministry of reconciliation -
reconciling people to God (2 Cor 5:18-19).
I can help you with the overall big-picture
If you invite me to come and preach, I can help you with the following elements of building an ongoing
local Great Commission ministry while I'm there:
- Vision - of what God wants to do through your church
and the individual members.
- Commitment - to do God's work and to allow Hime to work
- Spiritual Awareness - constantly realization that
everybody we know (even good people) will go to Hell unless they are reached with the Gospel.
- Preaching and Teaching - the basic Christian
responsibility to reproduce.
- Affirming - God can use you. God wants to use you. God
will use you.
- Training - How to bring others
- Reminding - Constant positive reminders of
the work God is doing and wants to do through the church
- Encouraging - Positive reinforcement to keep the people
committed to their responsibility.
- Events - Quarterly evangelistic Sunday morning
services plus other activities geared for evangelism or pre-evangelism.
- Exploration - Explore every avenue possible to do the
work of evangelism. seminars, classes, support groups, community involvement, just plain caring about
- Techhology - Skillfullly using technology for the
work of the ministry as it becomes available and practical.
- Adaptation - Crafting our approach to get the attention
of people in our changing culture, and in other cultures of the world.
- Truthfulness - Presenting the true Gospel without
modification, even though it is getting increasingly unpopular in North America, Europe and many other parts of
He (Andrew) first found his own brother Simon,
and said to him, "We have found the Messiah
. . ."
May I suggest
Operation Andrew Weekend
Mobilize your church for evangelism and growth.
We operate on the principle that If everybody does a little, nobody has to do a lot. And it's
amazing what will be done. We present responsibility to be so ridiculously simple that it's easy for God's people
to see make simple commitments that can change their lives and the lives of others.
Our prayer is that your church will never be the
after an Operation Andrew Weekend.
- Friday Evening
- The 7 Powers that Ignited the Early Church
- Saturday Morning
- Saturday Afternoon
- Can meet with pastors, deacons or evangelism committee to help establish an overall program for
evangelism and retention.
- Saturday Evening
- The Great Omission or the Great Commission - Matt. 28:18-19; Acts 1:8
- Sunday Morning
- Why Everybody Needs Jesus